Research Assistant (RASL-001)
Stemnovate aims to commercialise platforms that reduce the cost of drug discovery for the pharmaceutical industry and ensure safety for the patients.
At our R&D site in Babraham Research Campus, Cambridge we currently have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Research Assistant to work on exciting projects and in return you will have a rewarding career.
About the Job:
The Research Assistant will provide assistance in the performing and data recording of all aspects of cell culture work that includes cellular reprogramming, differentiation and assays in compliance with appropriate SOPs, GLPs, and regulatory guidelines. Duties will include routine procedures and housekeeping duties associated with the day to day running of the laboratory.
Essential Job Duties:
- Assists to maintain laboratory equipment, equipment records and fulfil housekeeping duties within laboratory areas (calibrations, reagent prep and disposal).
- Assists in the production of laboratory work sheets/books for standard assays.
- Helps in the accurate recording and checking of study and laboratory raw data.
- Assists in the preparation and performance of standard assay(s) in base lab area (may include basic dilution calculations as appropriate).
- Produces laboratory work sheets/books for standard assays.
- The individual has a responsibility to conduct all work in compliance with applicable regulatory requirements, and specifically those regulations specified in the study plans, protocols, or work agreements governing the work in which they are involved.
Education / Qualifications:
Good general education with experience of laboratory work, or a scientific degree (BSc, MSc).
- Up to 12 months practical lab experience – if new graduate internship/placement experience or lab practical experience during degree course preferable
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to accurately read, record, and communicate information.
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations.
- Familiarity with standard spreadsheet and word-processing software applications.
- Communication, teamwork and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge and understanding of GLP and aseptic techniques would be advantageous.
How to Apply:
Send your CV with Cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Candidates should be eligible to work in UK.