We are looking for an experienced Business Development Manager to commercialise our product range. The successful candidate will develop profitable business with new and existing customers working flexibly to introduce new products/services and organize visits to current and potential clients. You’ll be actively pursuing sales leads, accurately assessing customer needs and suggest appropriate products and services. Responds to customer enquiries; negotiates prices and delivery times within limits of authority; and concludes sales orders to meet revenue targets. Identifies, researches, and contacts prospective customers and builds positive relationships that will generate future sales and repeat business.
- Develop and implement short- and long-range operating objectives, strategies and marketing plans required to meet Stemnovate’s long-term growth and profitability objectives in the defined region or territory.
- Work with financial analysts to analyze business performance; develop and implement business strategies to respond to regional trends and/or issues.
- Partner with scientific and operations directors to support territory growth
- In partnership with scientific and operations directors, represent the organization to industry groups, key customers, representatives of government and regulatory agencies, and the general public.
- Assist in the global development of the business. Assist with due diligence on potential new business opportunities, as required.
- Perform high-level business development activities, including meeting with potential customers, making capabilities presentations, negotiating contract terms, and ensuring a timely and thorough new customer process.
- Maintain high-level contact with key accounts. Interact as necessary to address issues, gather feedback, and generally keep abreast of industry trends and activities.
- Interact with government representatives and customers when site visits are conducted.
- Other tasks and duties as required
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A./B.S.) or equivalent in Life Sciences or related scientific discipline. Master’s degree in a related scientific discipline or Business Administration (MBA) preferred. A good understanding of the overall drug discovery process is a plus.
- Three or more years of sales/business development related experience within a CRO, pharma or biotech is essential. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
- A proven track record of consistently meeting and exceeding sales targets in a similar role is essential, with the ability to effectively grow territories further.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal are essential, the experience of communicating over different platforms (telephone, video conferencing, face to face) is also required
- Certification/Licensure: Driving License and access to a car.
- Language Skills: Fluent in English, additional languages a plus.