Stemnovate aims to commercialize platforms that reduce the cost of drug discovery for the pharmaceutical industry and ensure safety for the patients.
At our R&D site in Babraham Research Campus, Cambridge we currently have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Data Scientist to work on projects generating crucial pharmaco-relevant data that will expedite our drug discovery platform. You will be interacting with the multidisciplinary team to process and analyze data using exploratory and hypothesis-driven approaches. You will also work with the real-time data acquired with the electronics system for processing, display, and storage.
As a data scientist in Stemnovate’s team, you
- will be analyzing datasets and researching novel means for gathering key physiological insights. For example, generating gene signaling networks, clustering application, and computational modeling.
- will be exploring if, and how, the latest advances and trends in machine learning can be implemented.
- will be identifying and proposing solutions to problems that could assist our product platform.
- will provide skills in data processing, display, and storage including remote management
- Coding experience with a well-known statistical language/script (e.g, C++, Python, R).
- Knowledge of common libraries and frameworks including Numpy, Scipy, Pandas, Matplotlib, Tensorflow, GGPlot, Keras, PyTorch, etc.
- Familiarity with SQL databases and backend systems.
- Expertise in machine learning using unsupervised and supervised methods, and text analytics.
- Knowledge and experience in advanced bioinformatic analysis and cloud computing.
- Must have experience applying data analysis and modeling techniques to ‘real-world’ actual data.
- Ability to learn and adapt to new technologies and paradigms quickly.
- A Flexible approach with an ability to perform under pressure.
- Good communication skills.
- A biological background is desirable but not necessary.