We are looking for an ambitious, highly organised and willing to learn individual.
This is a great role for someone wanting to pursue a career in Procurement, together with their commercial experience.
As the Purchasing Assistant, you will work closely with the operations team to support the execution of the operational processes.
- Placing orders according to the requirements to meet production deadlines
- Evaluate offers from vendors and negotiates better prices
- Updating the team about any delays or problems with suppliers
- Monitoring stock levels and identifying purchasing needs
- Coordinate deliveries to ensure materials are available when needed to deliver
- Following up with suppliers for exact raw material delivery dates
- Liaise with operations staff to ensure all products arrive in good condition
- Tracking and communication of delivery information across departments verbally and via the delivery calendar
- Purchasing ingredients/raw materials & packaging: 1 year (preferred but not essential)
- Good understanding of supply chain procedures
- Preferably previous experience with purchasing software system
- Knowledge of MS Excel
- Ability to work under the pressure to meet production deadlines
- Analytical and good attention to working detail
- Tenacious & confident on the phone
- Great at building and maintaining supplier relationships
- Commands respect and confidence to have challenging conversations with suppliers where necessary