Stemnovate aims to commercialize platforms that reduce the cost of drug discovery for the pharmaceutical industry and ensure safety for the patients.
At our R&D site in Babraham Research Campus, Cambridge we currently have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Product Engineer to work on exciting projects and in return you will have a rewarding career.
About the Job:
The role of Product Engineer is to work at the interface of tissue engineering, micro-fabrication, and MEMS and collaborate with the cell production team for ‘Lab on a chip’ product development. This project aims to exploit the innovative way to locally manipulate the physical attributes of materials, simulation, and design and to facilitate micro-physiological studies.
- Design, prototype and test novel microfluidic devices.
- Undertake CFD studies and integration for creating MPS by designing, building and performing experiments under general supervision.
- Manufacturing and cost analysis for production and commercialization.
- Ability to work in interdisciplinary research teams.
- Make independent decisions on routine issues and recommend scientific solutions to specific problems whilst collaborating with the project partners.
- A Bachelors’s or Masters’s degree or a Ph.D. in mechanical engineering.
- Expertise Finite element analysis, understanding of smart materials.
- Experience CAD, SOLIDWORKS, COMSOL software packages.
- Knowledge of microfluidic techniques and technologies.
- Experience in Computer programming and modeling of fluid dynamics.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.