The Research Assistant will provide assistance in the performing and data recording of all aspects of cell culture work that includes cellular reprogramming, differentiation and assays in compliance with appropriate SOPs, GLPs, and regulatory guidelines. Duties will include routine procedures and housekeeping duties associated with the day to day running of the laboratory.
- Assists in the production of laboratory work sheets/books for standard assays.
- Assists to maintain laboratory equipment, equipment records and fulfil housekeeping duties within laboratory areas (calibrations, reagent prep and disposal).
- Collection, storage and preparation of human blood samples.
- Perform Karyotyping.
- Assists in the preparation and performance of standard assay(s) in base lab area (may include basic dilution calculations as appropriate).
- Perform RNA isolation and cDNA synthesis and PCR techniques.
- Expression and purification of Recombinant proteins.
- Assisting with requesting external company quotes and place purchase orders.
- Supporting the team with marketing and business development.
- Flexible with working over weekends.
Good general education with experience of laboratory work and a scientific degree (BSc, MSc).
- Minimum one year experience in working with PBMC (Ficoll separation and CD34 cell handling).
- Experience on working with cell culture, cell production and iPS lines.
- Experience in reconstituting growth factors and compounds.
- Experience of laboratory housekeeping duties (e.g. Autoclave, Maintaining laboratory consumables).
- Experience in Cytogenetics.
- Experience in RNA isolation and cDNA synthesis and PCR techniques.
- Proficient at standard laboratory calculations (e.g. Concentrations/ Molarity).
- Excellent aseptic technique.
- Experience with Mass Spectrophotometry, ELISA, HPLC would be preferable.
- Communication, teamwork and interpersonal skills.