Stemnovate’s Live Human Fibroblasts (SV-HF20-14-500-L) are created by isolating, plating, and expanding in culture before being harvested for cryopreservation resulting in the highest purity, viability and plating efficiency. Above all, the key features of these live human fibroblasts (SV-HF20-14-500-L) are:
- Highly proliferative and healthy (~90% viability)
- High cell counts (~0.5 million cells per vial)
- Ideal for 2D and 3D cultures, microfluidic devices, co-cultures, tissue engineering, and skin models
- Available as single vials or reserved lots
Stemnovate’s Primary Human Fibroblasts (SV-HF20-14-500-L) are negative for HIV-1, HIV-2, Hepatitis-A, Hepatitis-B, bacteria, and mycoplasma. Our recommendation is not to freeze and thaw the cells repeatedly. Additional options are available for genotyping for drug-metabolizing enzymes along with tailored media to meet custom research needs.
Stemnovate’s Human Primary Dermal Fibroblasts have many applications, for example:
- In the assay of cell-cell interaction, adhesion, PCR, laminin, and fibronectin production
- Studying fibroblasts growth factor response
- In immunofluorescent flow cytometry
- Generating cell derivatives for desired research applications
Human Dermal Fibroblasts (HDFs) have been responsible for producing the extracellular matrix forming the connective tissue of the skin and play a crucial role during wound healing. For instance, they play an important role in the progression of inflammation by secreting various factors that define the tissue microenvironment and modulate immune cell functions.
HDFs provide an excellent model system to study many aspects of cell physiology. For instance, they are remarkable for their utilization in dozens of research publications related to skin biology and reprogramming/induced pluripotency studies.
Dr. Shinya Yamanaka was awarded the Nobel Prize in 2012 (Takanashi, 2007; 2009) for using Human Dermal Fibroblasts in order to create induced pluripotent stem cells (iPSC) by using Oct3/4, Sox2, Klf4, and c-Myc.
Stemnovate holds HTA (Human tissue authority) license, therefore, supporting our industrial and academic customers with our compliant platform.
|Line History||British (White), Male, 33|
|Inoculation for microbiological growth||Negative|